South African motorists will be paying 74 cents more per litre of petrol and between 91 and 93 cents more per litre of diesel from Wednesday.
The fuel price announcement for March was made by Minister of Energy, Jeff Radebe, on Monday morning.
He said the price hikes were mainly due to an increase in international crude oil prices.
The current inland price for a litre of 95 octane unleaded petrol is R14.08. From Wednesday, this will rise to R14.82 per litre.
The increases announced by Radebe include:
- Petrol (93 Octane, ULP and LRP): 74.00 c/l increase;
- Petrol (95 Octane, ULP and LRP): 74.00 c/l increase;
- Diesel (0.05% sulphur): 91.00 c/l increase;
- Diesel (0.005% sulphur): 93.00 c/l increase;
- Illuminating Paraffin (wholesale): 76.00 c/l increase; and
- Maximum LPGas Retail Price: 101.00 c/kg increase. Source: Fin24