The Eastern Region Libraries, of which White River Public Library is a part, shall be celebrating World Book and Copyright Day on the 23rd April 2018. The library is launching a special initiative for all aspirant writers to enter and showcase their literary skills.
The theme for this year is “Reading empowers “
Write a story about absolutely anything! The initiative is open to everyone and entries can be in English, Afrikaans, Siswati or Zulu. Only one entry per entrant.
* All submissions to handed in at your local library.
* Each story must have a unique title. Do not use the theme as your title.
* State the name of your story, E.g. ‘Once Upon a Time’ – by Banele Grootboom
* The book should have a cover; be bound or stapled (no loose pages); not be more than 5 typed, or 10 handwritten pages
* Use a font such as Arial or Times New Roman, size 12 or more
* We prefer a clear line between paragraphs rather than indenting.
* Make sure your story has been edited and polished.
* Deadline: Friday, 20 April
A local author will be invited to speak about writing during the week of 23 – 26 April (date to be confirmed).