Lowveld High School is widely regarded as one of the top academic high schools in Mpumalanga. We are very proud of the achievements of our learners in the classroom, on the sports field and in the cultural sphere. Many of our learners face various challenges and yet they still managed to achieve these excellent results.
We achieved a 96% Grade 12 pass rate in 2017 of which 60% are degree passes. We congratulate our 2017 top achievers, Wakhile Mhlungu obtaining 6 distinctions, Siphosinhle Maphanga and Siphesihle Dlamini each obtaining 4 distinctions and a total of 83 distinctions in total.
Our top learners:
- Wakhile Mulungu – 6 Distinctions (Business studies, Accounting, Life Orientation, Maths and Siswati First Language, Geography)
- Immaculate Maphanga – 4 Distinctions (Siswati First Language, Maths, Life Science and Physical Science)
- Siphesihle Dlamini – 4 Distinctions (Maths, Life Orientation, Accounting, Life Science)
- Nomcebo Mbatha – 3 Distinctions (Afrikaans, Life Orientation, Accounting)
- Chantell Nxumalo – 3 Distinctions (Life Orientation, Accounting, Life Science)
- Trevor Shakwane – 3 Distinctions (Life Science, Life Orientation, Siswati)
- Mfumo Mnisi – 3 Distinctions (Life Orientation, Accounting, Life Science)
- Samantha Mbungele – 3 Distinctions ((Life Orientation, Accounting, Life Science)
Comment from Ms Wandrag:
I am extremely pleased with the results. It is a 96% pass rate and basically 60% degree pass. We had a number of learners in this group who faced various challenges and these results are a testament to the dedication and passion of the Lowveld High staff as well as the courage and determination of some of the learners. May God continue to bless them as they pursue their goals in life. Remember you are eagles flying on high and your blood is forever blue.