The AARTO Amendment Bill is currently before the National Council of Provinces (NCOP) for final approval. The National Assembly in Parliament has already given approval. So, this is the last step before it becomes a reality.
The AARTO Amendment Bill will adjust the current provisions of the AARTO (Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offenses) Act. After the changes have been implemented throughout the country, the roll-out of the dreaded points-demerit system will begin.
In the hands of the power-abusing, corrupt traffic officials, this could prove to be hell on earth for all motorists. (Quoted directly from the source and in no means the opinion of NewsHorn.)
So what does the Amendment entail? Here are just some of the key factors you should know about:
1. Notices may be served over social media
2. Your right to a fair trial is removed
3. Traffic departments will get away with mistakes
4. They will force you to pay up
5. Company owners will have to throw you under the bus.
Read the full article on CompareGuru and weep.
Source: BizCommunity News