The food basket in South Africa is in constant danger of decline. FARM ATTACKS and MURDERS and the now lurking possibility of land-redistribution without compensation are all contributing factors.
- Every 1,2 days there is an attack.
- Every 130 hours a farmer is murdered.
- Only 2% of farmers attacked will continue farming.
A household, a family, a community STOPS indefinitely with every attack.
Food-security is largely at risk.
From the year 2000 -2017 the commercial agricultural sector has shrunk to 300,000 commercial farms from 700,000. This is alarming and farmers emigrating does not solve the problem.
WE NEED TO UNITE behind our FOOD SECURITY. We cannot stand and watch this happen.
By the mercy, grace and wisdom from GOD ONLY this can be stopped.
- SMALL-SCALE FARMING NEEDS MORE DEVELOPMENTAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION.
- FARM MURDERS AND ATTACKS NEEDS A PRIORITY CLASSIFICATION.
- SUBSIDISED RADIO-COMMUNICATION NETWORK AND EQUIPMENT.
Farmers need to protect themselves – their first line of defense is larger than a household.
Driven by 911 Riders Against Farm Murders under the aegis of Pastor T J Maré, chairperson of Kruger Lowveld Chamber of Business and Tourism. All information supplied.